Monday, July 25, 2005

You won't see your name on this blog.

In the interest of personal privacy, Dear Reader, you will never see your name mentioned on this blog, though if you choose to comment on my blog which name you use is up to you. The exceptions are Aly and Ramon, who I mentioned by name without thinking early on - sorry, luvs. Since I have many loved ones (friends and family) that I wish to speak of in my blog I have created new names for all of you. The name I choose is either one that sounds a great deal like your name or is something I'd actually call you if I didn't know your name and someone put a gun to my head and ordered me to choose one for you. Therefore, my brother and sister-in-law are not actually named Chad and Kaitlyn, though the names, I think, are terribly apropos. Ani and Kevin, likewise.

This might be fun for you - or not. If you wish to find out what I'll call you (with the aforementioned gun to my head) please contact me. If you find out what I'm calling you and hate it, please contact me and I'll discuss options with you. Or, if you've not been mentioned by name but feel sure you will be soon and wish to choose my blog name for you, please contact me and we'll chew it over together. Sorry, Gorgeous Sonuvabitch is already taken. So is Cougar. Ash, your name stands. Aly, I can't figure out anything for you - you're too magnificent to name and I think you'd hate being called "Rio."

Cerise

3 Comments:

Blogger Cerise said...

OK. Exotic dancer. That's nice, because I once went through this thing that if I had a daughter I'd name her Lola Rio. You're right - she does sound like an exotic dancer, though if she inherited my personality and Ramon's looks that's mostly likely what she'd grow up to be.

Cerise

7/25/2005 4:38 PM  
Blogger introspectre said...

How funny. One of my best friends ended up with the nickname "Padoodles" which was a play upon the goofy nickname I made up for her. Now she's stuck with it.

Padoodles! (laughs)

8/11/2005 7:09 AM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Padoodles! Love it. My dreadful (according to family and friends) habit is to add "-lypoos" to everybody's name when I'm in my cups and/or feeling affectionate. Which is always, always. Feeling affectionate, I mean. For instance, Dad becomes "Dadlypoos". My brother is "Chadlypoos". I guess you'd be "Introspectrelypoos". And your friend would be "Padoodlypoos". Tell her how good she's got it. [giggle]

8/11/2005 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home