Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Number seven, BABY!!!

Ramon and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday. With dating, that makes ten years as a couple. I don't feel old enough to have married the love of my life seven years ago. We celebrated last night by trying out a new Thai restaurant (Seattle has been overtaken by Thai restaurants, though the rising popularity of pho has allowed the Vietnamese to give them a run for their money), sampling their excellent Thai beer. We walked home and supplemented our already inebriated state by downing a bottle of two-buck-chuck and reminiscing about the last ten years. The rest of the evening is none of your business.

So I'm a little bleary-eyed today but still awake enough to feel profoundly grateful, firstly, that the wedding day is not only over but seven years in the past (a wonderful day but I still thank my stars that it's over forever at least once a month. I almost killed myself in the effort to NOT embody the Great American Bridezilla and I'm still not sure I completely succeeded. If I ever have the misfortune to find myself in the position of having to marry again, I'm doing it in Vegas with bloody Elvis) and secondly that The Ramon, a paragon of human wisdom and kindness, still loves me better than I've ever been loved in my life and I him. Here's to you, Monchis. I raise my coffee cup to thee. Drinks all around!

[end syrupy tribute]

Lucky in love, that I am.

Cerise

4 Comments:

Blogger HASH said...

Congrats! It's always fun to see a happily married couple, especially when it's your friend. :)

8/10/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger introspectre said...

Congrats! That was sweet. Very touching.

Your words of retrospect on the wedding make me think a little more about it- I'm planning ours and basically haven't gotten anywhere. I think without a pile of Xanax this wedding isn't going to GET planned. And then actually doing it? Argh. Madness.

I don't know about Elvis, though. I wonder if C 3PO does weddings? Hmmm....

8/11/2005 4:14 AM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Thank you, my darling dears. Ramon thanks you too, though he's much to cool to actually comment on his old lady's blog...

Intro, I don't regret the fuss and bother about our wedding, though there was no alcohol, no band, little dancing (it was a churchy affair - I was raised by teetotallers who only get drunk on late-night Rook games). A lot of people had a good time. I hope. However, the fact that I still breathe a deep sigh of relief that it's over 7 long years later should be a telling one, I think. But then I'm the world's most reluctant planner of anything. My 2 cents.

Cerise

8/11/2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Cerise said...

'Sup, my bro? Yes, I seem to have a bit of a writer's block...

9/09/2005 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home