Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Number seven, BABY!!!

Ramon and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary yesterday. With dating, that makes ten years as a couple. I don't feel old enough to have married the love of my life seven years ago. We celebrated last night by trying out a new Thai restaurant (Seattle has been overtaken by Thai restaurants, though the rising popularity of pho has allowed the Vietnamese to give them a run for their money), sampling their excellent Thai beer. We walked home and supplemented our already inebriated state by downing a bottle of two-buck-chuck and reminiscing about the last ten years. The rest of the evening is none of your business.

So I'm a little bleary-eyed today but still awake enough to feel profoundly grateful, firstly, that the wedding day is not only over but seven years in the past (a wonderful day but I still thank my stars that it's over forever at least once a month. I almost killed myself in the effort to NOT embody the Great American Bridezilla and I'm still not sure I completely succeeded. If I ever have the misfortune to find myself in the position of having to marry again, I'm doing it in Vegas with bloody Elvis) and secondly that The Ramon, a paragon of human wisdom and kindness, still loves me better than I've ever been loved in my life and I him. Here's to you, Monchis. I raise my coffee cup to thee. Drinks all around!

[end syrupy tribute]

Lucky in love, that I am.

Cerise

9 Comments:

Blogger Aly H. said...

CONGRATULATIONS. Glad you two had a great night - celebrating milestones of love is always a good reason to get a little tossed.

8/09/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger HASH said...

Congrats! It's always fun to see a happily married couple, especially when it's your friend. :)

8/10/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger introspectre said...

Congrats! That was sweet. Very touching.

Your words of retrospect on the wedding make me think a little more about it- I'm planning ours and basically haven't gotten anywhere. I think without a pile of Xanax this wedding isn't going to GET planned. And then actually doing it? Argh. Madness.

I don't know about Elvis, though. I wonder if C 3PO does weddings? Hmmm....

8/11/2005 4:14 AM  
Blogger Morphea said...

Thank you, my darling dears. Ramon thanks you too, though he's much to cool to actually comment on his old lady's blog...

Intro, I don't regret the fuss and bother about our wedding, though there was no alcohol, no band, little dancing (it was a churchy affair - I was raised by teetotallers who only get drunk on late-night Rook games). A lot of people had a good time. I hope. However, the fact that I still breathe a deep sigh of relief that it's over 7 long years later should be a telling one, I think. But then I'm the world's most reluctant planner of anything. My 2 cents.

Cerise

8/11/2005 3:45 PM  
Blogger Aly H. said...

Our wedding was incredibly fun and memorable. I am not a planner by nature, but some latent organization gene (from my mother, you can be sure) took over and I planned the whole damn, huge thing in 3 months.

For me, I think the key to sanity was that on Thursday before the main event I gave a list of all the things that had yet to be done to my mom and went to get a massage. Letting it go at some point is an absolute necessity. (Oh, and we didn't have booze either, except that my good friend Teri kept filling my and Bryan's goblets with Guiness on the sly, in honor of our Irish honeymoon. That probably helped a great deal.)

8/11/2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Congrats!

8/24/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger Abram said...

Congrats on the 7 years. Need more post to read, where are you at? Don't for egt to check me out, www.jetteson.com for the latest greatest. Abram (yo bro yo)

9/09/2005 12:06 AM  
Blogger Morphea said...

'Sup, my bro? Yes, I seem to have a bit of a writer's block...

9/09/2005 8:36 AM  
Blogger Aly H. said...

It's going around. :)

9/12/2005 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home