Thursday, April 13, 2006

Friday-itis TODAY

Well, it seems that my hypocrisy knows no bounds. Despite my frustration with Christianity dominating American culture so completely and my firm beliefs about separation of church and state, I get tomorrow off from work and I'm taking it off, darn it.

Our office is closing because the stock market is closing tomorrow, and we follow the stock market's schedule. I don't know - will it be a bank holiday as well? The government folks are still showing up, thank god. I don't have to get too twitchy about church/state separation. If the government offices took Good Friday off I'd move to Canada posthaste.

But anyway, we're off (and why is the stock market closed for a Christian day of moping? The Mob?). And I'm glad, though getting some work done is all the harder for it today. And for those of you engaging in or curious about Good Friday go to Addison Road and watch Michael's podcast. It's really moving. And damned cool.

Cerise

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely spaced that it was Easter. My plan to unplug from all of it, including the media has suceeded. Going to a Food-coop help as well since you won't see Caterbury Eggs next to the cash register stand.

4/14/2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that last comment was from
el gato gordo a.k.a abram
http://www.jetteson.com

4/14/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Hello, love. I'm pretty unplugged from it as well, except that I have these pesky friends that I love dearly who insist on remaining Christians [shrugs]. At least they're the good kind...

I love it when you stop by.

Cerise

4/14/2006 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home