Monday, March 05, 2007

Deepest Apologies

To my loyal and long-suffering readership of about 3, who all wonder why in god's name I haven't written anything for almost 2 months.

Heavens.

I'm on it, people. This was one of the worst winters to date for me. I thought I had conquered SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder - you Seattleites should know this well) for good but it came for me with a vengeance this year and I fought it not at all. Ever since the days started to shorten in earnest (November?) I felt the fog of apathy, sadness and (this is a little melodramatic - see new blog title - but still) despair envelop me and no amount of Tracy's peppermint tea could assuage it. But I didn't fight. I didn't exercise, eat right, have lots of sex, force myself to play along the Internet Tubes, keep up with my friends and/or family. I didn't do any of the things that would have kept me alive during the long winter. And the saddest thing? I didn't know how bad it was until I opened my eyes today (not those eyes. The other ones), saw buds on trees and really knew for sure that spring was coming. I was nearly dead, exhausted and unhappy and kind of desperate. Today I'm alive and awake and disgustingly cheerful.

Signing off, but not for long,

Cerise

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to have you back sis. I think everyone is at risk for a touch of the winter blues. Keep looking for buds. Love you. nrt

3/06/2007 3:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HEEEEEEEeeeeeeellllllloooooooooo, welcome back to the world. Winter sucks, especially when the freakin' groundhog says that spring is on it's way and 3 1/2 weeks later it snows!

3/06/2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger jcarwen said...

welcome back dearie! spring certainly is in the air today.

3/06/2007 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're back! Yeah!
Hope you are feeling much better and spring is here to stay.
You were missed.

3/08/2007 2:49 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Welcome back! Wondering how you were since we last corresponded...

3/11/2007 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home