Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Wait...what?

I amuse myself often by wondering what conversations between my husband and I would sound like taken out of context. Here are a couple of samples:

Cerise: "Wait - how did Felicity Huffman get infected?"

Ramon: [surprised] "Oh. I don't know. Must've been when the pilot was bleeding and writhing around."

C: "Yeah, but the two doctors were the only ones that got blood on them. Not her."

R: "You're right. Huh."

C: "Just plot-driving, I guess. 'It could be anyone, AT ANY TIME'."

R: [chuckle] "Yep."


Or this [FOUL LANGUAGE ALERT]:

One morning I got up and was pulling on clothes, looking down on a
sleepy Ramon (who was tangled up in the covers with B'Elanna). This is
our conversation:

Cerise: "Monchis."

Ramon: "Mm?"

C: "There's an open condom wrapper on your bedside table."

R: "Oh my god."

C: "It must have been from a few nights ago, huh? Or did you do something to me while I was sleeping last night?"

R: "Uh, no, unless I was asleep too."

[pause] He blinks, yawns.

R: "Sleep-fucking."

************

Anyone else this weird within the bounds of their committed relationship?

Cerise

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathon Morgan said...

I love those strange, awkward morning conversations.

"...um...were you sleeping last night when [insert odd activity here]"

One of the best parts of couple-dom.

10/13/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Seriously, man. I really do think that the weirdness is one of the best bits of being in a committed relationship. You know, besides uninhibited sex.

Cerise

10/13/2006 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot.

10/17/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Aly, dear god. I nearly spewed Earl Grey all over my keyboard.

Uh, Gato? Hot?

You're just weird.

10/17/2006 10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude Aly that's freakin funny.

There's nothing like the leakage of random sub-conscious discourse between you, yourself and the waking world just past the veil of your skin.

-Ramon

10/26/2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Whoa. That's all poetical and stuff.

10/27/2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home