Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Take a Deep Breath

Worried Readers, worry no more. I have quit smoking cloves. I'm not sure why, but they started making me queasy. Even though I stuck to the one-cigarette-per-day limit. So I quit. There comes a time when even the pleasure of sitting outside, fiddling with lighters and little pretty boxes and sucking on an aromatic stick is outweighed by the urge to yack every time I breathed in.

And I'm not about to try real cigarettes to see if they're any better. I only smoked to smoke cloves, and they're turning my lil' stomach, sad to say.

I'm a quitter.

Cerise

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, you quitter!

Just kidding, good for you. Now you can focus more on smoking the *good stuff*.

;-)

10/19/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Cerise said...

Exactamundo, good Phil. Right you are.

Cerise

10/19/2006 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll never smell a clove again without thinking of an illicit run-in (pun intended) with a gal one night in college. She'd been smoking cloves all night. I'm not sure if I have a distaste for them becasue I have a distaste for them if or if I have a distaste for them because I woke up asking myself "WTF?!?". Either way, congrats on quitting.

10/23/2006 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same thing with cloves, I can only smoke them with a great distance between each encounter, and even so, they still cause a little stomach irritation. Oh well, at least it is the easy way to not smoke 'em.

10/30/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger M is for... said...

given my present lack of some lung function b/c of asthma and growing up and around smokers, I'm so proud of you for being a big ole quitter!

M

1/05/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home